Apply for ArtEx 2023Apply for ArtEx
The ArtEx candidates are dedicated talents on their way to a national and international career. ArtEx is a cross genre program that focuses on developing careers and the talents artistic integrity. The program is established by Talent Norway and Sparebankstiftelsen DNB.
ArtEx is an interdisciplinary talent developing programme which is to help top-level artists to further develop themselves artistically and build an interesting and sustainable career. Through the programme you will become part of an extensive national and international network, and you will get to take part in interdisciplinary professional gatherings under the auspices of Talent Norge. A support network will be available to you throughout the duration of the programme, consisting of a mentor, a coach and a place on Olympiatoppen’s health service. You will also get an individual scholarship that is to be used for professional development in consultation with your mentor.
Apply for ArtEx 2023
- The application deadline is 1 April.
- The application is to be submitted via the application portal. The portal opens on 1 March.
- Use a PC / Mac when registering the application in the portal.
This is how you apply:
1). Registrer in the application portal.
2). Please note that we have an international selection committee, and we advice you to write your application in English.
- Write a brief presentation of yourself and your artistic background. (Max 1000 word)
- Write a letter of motivation (Max 4000. words). This letter must be uploaded as a file.
- What are your artistic ambitions?
- Why are you applying for ArtEx?
- What are your expectations when it comes to ArtEx?
- What can you as a participant offer the community and the other participants in ArtEx?
- Write briefly who you want as your mentor and why. You may mention three names.
- Write briefly what you want to use the individual project for and why?
- How can this concern more people in the programme? Be creative.
3). You may enclose the following documents with the application. 5 enclosures maximum.
- Your CV
- Written documentation of your professional artistic work.
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of education if relevant. You do not need a formal degree to apply for the program.
4). Documentation of artistic work that is representative of you and your professional work. 5 enclosures maximum.
- This should mainly be recent work.
- If you are applying with music or a video, this must be linked to work on other digital platforms, otherwise it will not be accepted.
The application process.
We ask you to read this carefully and reserve important dates.
- 1 April: Application deadline.
- Week 18: You will be informed if you are going to continue to the interviews.
- Week 19: Interviews.
- Week 20: Final admission to the programme.
- The participants will be admitted to the programme for one year.
- The programme will start on 1 June.
- Applicants under 35 years of age will have priority.
- Questions regarding admission are to be sent to Eira Edwards, Program Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
- An application for a place on ArtEx may be rejected without any reasons given.
Talent Norge is not subject to the Public Administration Act. This means that it is not possible
to complain about the Company’s decisions.
Read more about Talent Norge here.